- How to Activate the BitMEX Dark Theme (Revealed) - November 21, 2019
- BitMEX Success Stories (Revealed) - November 21, 2019
- BitMEX Fees Explained: Complete Crypto Margin Trading Fee Guide - November 21, 2019
If you’re looking to trade Bitcoin on-the-go, then finding the best trading app for Bitcoin is critical.
I’ve traded Bitcoin for years, so I’m pretty wised-up on the market and know almost every trading app out there – so you can be sure that this guide is definitive and comprehensive.
10 Best Bitcoin Trading Apps (2020)
- Currency.com – Best overall
- eToro – Best for beginners
- Bybit – Best for leverage trading
- Coinbase – Best for credit/debit card trading
- Binance – Best for day trading
- Kraken – Best for reliability
- Capital.com – Best for education
- Plus500 – Best for worldwide traders
- FTX.com – Best for liquidity
- PrimeXBT – Best for no-KYC trading
To learn more about exactly why these apps have made the list, read on!
The Currency.com mobile app is our #1 Bitcoin trading app due to its low fees, great design and range of deposit methods. Currency.com is a tokenised securities exchange, which means that you buy and sell cryptocurrency-based tokens rather than actual cryptocurrencies, which brings all of the positives of traditional markets to Bitcoin.
- Up to $100 welcome bonus – When you register on Currency.com, verify your account and make 3 trades you’ll be awarded a random bonus up to $100 USD in value.
- Trade with up to 500x leverage – Currency.com lets you trade with up to 500 times more than your account balance which means that you can profit more from Bitcoin’s price moves.
- Get 75 free technical indicators – Start margin crypto trading with Currency.com’s built-in trading indicators like Bollinger Bands
- Trade on a safe, regulated mobile app – Currency.com is the world’s first regulated crypto margin trading exchange app available for both IOS & Google Play
eToro was one of the first apps to offer crypto trading to the public. Aa a regulated app, eToro provides its clients with the opportunity to trade Bitcoin CFDs among other digital currencies.
- Copy other Bitcoin traders – eToro has an exclusive CopyTrading feature which lets you follow other popular traders automatically with the click of a button.
- It’s one of the most-used crypto apps – eToro is globally renowned as a popular crypto trading app.
- They’ve got history – eToro has been around since 2006 and was founded by a crypto-enthusiast, so they know what Bitcoin traders are looking for – you’re in good hands with eToro.
Bybit is a cryptocurrency exchange founded in 2018 which provides leveraged BTC trading among other popular cryptocurrencies. Bybit has a brilliant mobile trading app for both IOS & Android (Google Play) and is by far one of my personal favourite crypto exchanges.
- Perpetual and future contracts – Bybit offers a wide range of different trading options which lets you bet on the price of Bitcoin in the short and long term.
- Get 24/7 support – Unlike many other BTC trading mobile apps, Bybit offers unrivalled 24/7 customer support so that you can sort out any issues you run into.
- Receive up to $90 in trading bonuses – On Bybit’s rewards hub, you can get up to $90 in free Bitcoin to help you get started trading BTC.
- It’s transparent – One of the things I really value about Bybit is their transparency, you can view the entire team on LinkedIn which gives me peace of mind that it is a safe place to buy/sell Bitcoin contracts
If you’re looking to buy and sell Bitcoin (without leverage), then the mobile app for you is Coinbase. It’s a safe regulated app which lets you trade Bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies with bank cards.
- Recurring trades – You can setup recurring trades on the Coinbase app which means that you can buy and sell crypto automatically
- It’s regulated – Coinbase is a regulated company in several locations across the globe including, but not limiting the US, Europe & UK.
- You can earn $10 by referring friends – If you like trading on Coinbase like thousands of others do, then you’ll be pleased to know that once you have opened a trading account, you can earn $10 for every friend who you refer to also use Coinbase
- Opportunity to grow – If you become a dab-hand at BTC trading, you can then use Coinbase’s pro app which gives you access to more advanced order types and lower fees.
Thousands of Bitcoin traders use Binance every day to trade Bitcoin. We’ve listed Binance as the best Bitcoin trading app for day traders as it is responsive and has low fees. Binance has a brilliant reputation and definitely deserves a place in the list of top BTC trading mobile apps.
- Low-fee trading – With only 0.1% standard trading fees, you can trade Bitcoin on Binance very cheaply.
- Instant deposits & withdrawals – You can put funds on/get them off Binance instantly, which is great for traders who enjoy a bit of flexibility.
- If you get bored with Bitcoin, there’s more – Binance is home to over 200 different cryptocurrencies, so if you ever get bored trading BTC, you can start trading other altcoins.
Founded by Jesse Powell in 2011, Kraken has become one of the most popular destinations for buying Bitcoin. They only released their mobile app in 2019, but it’s a damn good one.
Now the Kraken mobile app I would say is better for traders with a little more experience as logging into it requires the use of an API key – but once you’re in, it’s a brilliant place to trade Bitcoin.
- Accepts clients from all over the world – You can use Kraken in pretty much any country aside from the ones mentioned on their restricted list.
- It’s very well-trusted – So many people trust Kraken much more than other crypto trading mobile apps because they have never been hacked (at the time of writing).
- 24/7/365 live chat support – Kraken provides support for its customers at any time of the day, any day of the year.
- Trade real Bitcoin – Kraken is ideal for those looking to trade real Bitcoin rather than Bitcoin CFDs.
Capital.com is a live Cryptocurrency CFD trading platform available for IOS & Android. It’s perfect for those looking to profit from Bitcoin trading rather than those looking to invest in it. With 0% commissions and competitive spreads, Capital.com is a great option when it comes to Bitcoin trading apps.
- Make live Bitcoin traders 24/7 – With the Capital.com app, you can trade Bitcoin live at any time of the day, all year round.
- Elevate your performance with advanced trading options – For the more experienced traders out there, Capital.com offers advanced order types like Stop-Losses which let you improve your profits.
- Trade Bitcoin legally – Capital.com is a regulated Bitcoin trading app – meaning that you can trade Bitcoin legally and safely.
- Deposit with bank cards, PayPal & more – Capital.com offers several payment methods including popular cards like Visa/Mastercard and PayPal.
Plus500 is another extremely popular choice when it comes to trading BTC on the go. It was, in fact, one of the first platforms to offer a way to trade Bitcoin on mobile devices. The mobile app is free to download for both Android & IOS.
- It’s popular – Having thousands of customers worldwide, Plus500 is very well-known which reduces the risk of losing any money.
- You can use a demo account first – If you’re not quite sure about trading Bitcoin yet but fancy giving it a go, sign up for a free Plus500 demo account to test out your skills before risking real cash.
- It’s available worldwide – Many trading venues restrict users based on unclear regulation – since Plus500 offers CFDs rather than real Bitcoin, it is available in many countries worldwide and therefore gives people globally a way to profit from the Bitcoin revolution.
- It’s easy to use – Plus500 is an extremely easy to use trading platform. It even lets you make deposits from your bank account as well as with a credit card or debit card.
PrimeXBT is a prime (pardon the pun) candidate for this list of the top Bitcoin mobile apps. Why? Because it is quick, doesn’t require verification and has instant deposits/withdrawals. But there’s more to the PrimeXBT cryptocurrency exchange than that, let’s take a deeper look.
- Go long or short on Bitcoin – PrimeXBT lets you profit not only when Bitcoin goes up, but when it goes down too.
- Use up to 100x leverage -Leverage is becoming very popular as it gives you means in which to multiply trading profits if you are good at it.
- Rated ‘Excellent’ on Trustpilot – PrimeXBT has a happy customer base according to Trustpilot which rates the crypto trading platform as ‘Excellent’ with over 4.5 stars on average.
Finally, in at number 10 is Sam BF’s cryptocurrency trading platform; FTX. This mobile app is slightly different from the other crypto exchanges in the way that it is a derivatives exchange – meaning that are trading real crypto assets rather than CFDs.
- Free deposits/withdrawals – FTX is one of the only trading mobile apps which offers 100% free instant deposits and withdrawals which makes the experience flawless and very convenient.
- Trade Bitcoin backed contracts – One of the things I love about FTX is that they offer futures contracts on real-life events like the US parliamentary vote – basically, you can use Bitcoin to bet on the outcome of the next president.
- Trade other Altcoins – FTX allows users to trade Bitcoin alternatives such as Bitcoin Cash for example
- It’s quick – One of the main issues with regular cryptocurrency trading apps is that they can be slow to execute orders, FTX is close to instant, which is important when it comes to trading a volatile asset like Bitcoin. You can also sign up quickly as all you need is an email address and password.
The list of Bitcoin trading apps above is good for a general audience as most are available worldwide, but you’re probably wondering which is the best for you specifically as everyone has different needs.
In the next section of this guide, I will show you the best apps for different categories including location, device and experience levels.
Best Bitcoin Trading Apps (By Country)
So, to help you find the right trading platform for you, I’m going to now list the best cryptocurrency trading apps from this list for several different countries.
United States (US): eToro
South Africa: Capital.com
If you’re from a different country which isn’t on the list, please contact us and we will add it to the list.
Best Bitcoin Trading Apps (By Experience Level)
Some people are experienced in Bitcoin trading, but some are not, so it is important to choose the right app for your experience level – you can always switch to a different mobile app as you improve your cryptocurrency trading skills.
Beginners: eToro (easy to use)
Intermediates: Currency.com (slightly more advanced)
Experts: FTX (for the experts)
Best Bitcoin Trading Apps (By Device)
To be honest, the apps don’t vary much by device, but there are some apps which work better on certain devices, so here’s my opinion.
iPhone (IOS): eToro